When you live in Switzerland, there is one requirement every software must meet: support for multilingual. The good news is that even though PowerApps currently don’t offer support out-of-the-box for multilingual, you can still achieve this.
Basically the approach is as follows:
- Produce an Excel file with translations
- Upload it to an Azure Blob Storage or OneDrive and create a data source for it
Now on application start-up (e.g. when it becomes visible)
- Read the tabular content into a context variable
- Detect the user’s language and store it in another context variable
- Update all text properties of all the labels that require a multilingual caption and add a formula that would look up the label’s text from the Excel with translations (look up uses the user’s language stored in the context variable
A detailed documentation of how to do this can be found here.